Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not eat solid foods for six (6) hours before your appointment.
- You may drink CLEAR liquids up to two (2) hours before your appointment.
- CLEAR LIQUIDS ARE: water, fruit juice with NO pulp, carbonated drinks, clear tea or black coffee with NOTHING ADDED.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult (friend or family member) must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. We can not release you to a Taxi or Uber type transport driver.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with the Doctors at Berkeley~Orinda oral surgery prior to your surgical date for instructions.